Sunday, December 7, 2014

Cognitive Fun & Games!



I took the IQ test and got 6 of 10 questions correct, which corresponds with an IQ of 138. I didn't really know what to expect since I've never taken an IQ test before. The questions on this one surprised me a little, for they seemed more like riddles than actual questions based on logic and what not. It was fun trying to solve some of them though!

Next stop was Brainbashers. I looked at some optical illusions because I've always found those to be a lot of fun. The popular ones like the Impossible Triangle and Parallel Lines I've seen before on various sites, but it was nice revisiting them and finding new ones. 

Illusion 

We looked at ones of these in class, but somehow I missed the error in the phrase. Pretty funny how that works!

I actually used to use Lumosity a while ago! I did the Speed Match test, which was a lot of fun. i got 89% accuracy, 647 ms per card, and 62/69 correct. It was fun, but I felt somewhat frantic because of the time limit. Next was the Train of Thought attention test. It was actually pretty difficult, but I got 34/39 trains into the right station with a score of 17800. Finally I played the Memory Matrix! It was probably my favorite one - I scored a 42300! 

After reading the article, I'm amazed at how such a small part of our lives can benefit us so much! It can help us improve composition, expression, and even motor skill development in both children and adults. By further engaging the brain, we can learn more things at faster rates. Though we live in the 21st century where technology takes over our lives, it's still important to jot down things here and there. I actually write letters to my friend who lives in Nacogdoches, TX, so that's how I get my writing in!

http://www.wsj.com/article_email/SB10001424052748704631504575531932754922518-lMyQjAxMTAwMDAwNDEwNDQyWj.html

No comments:

Post a Comment