Sunday, December 14, 2014

Class Evaluation

Psychology was easily one of the most exciting classes I've taken in my high school career. It was something completely different from the other courses, and its fresh topics were things I found extremely interesting.

What I really liked about this class was its balanced coursework. There were a good number of assignments that kept us engaged and learning, but it wasn't so overwhelming like some other classes can be. I can honestly walk out of this class and say I learned a lot about psychology without saying that I lost a bunch of sleep over psychology homework, test, and quizzes.

My favorite activity/project was probably the Soundtrack of Emotions. All of my friends know that I'm a huge music freak, so this project got me really excited, for I could share my favorite tunes with Ms. Halfen (and whoever gets my cd) while learning about human emotion as well. I also think the other students enjoyed it very much as well. Here's a link to one of my all-time favorite songs: Just Another Girl by The Killers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aemOWBkkUuQ

One thing that I personally didn't like very much was the Chapter At A Glance, but I liked that it was optional. For the first couple of tests, I would do them in hopes that I would actually learn the information, but it didn't work. Instead I found myself doing it just so I could earn the extra five points. However, I do think that Ms. Halfen should keep CAAG since it did help other students learn the material.

Next year, I think Ms. Halfen should teach the Disorders unit because it really gave a lot of people a lot of trouble. Quite frankly, our peers aren't reliable teachers. It was extremely difficult for everyone to learn the numerous symptoms of each disorders.

As for suggestions, I think Ms. Halfen could do more psychology/personality tests because the students really loved it. Maybe at the beginning of each unit?
Please, please, PLEASE review the disorders!!!

I've had a great time in AP Psychology :)

No comments:

Post a Comment