Sunday, November 9, 2014

My Life Story (I know everyone wants to know)

Hi, I'm Michelle, named after the Olympic figure skater Michelle Kwan. I was born on April 25th, 1997, in Houston, TX at Memorial Hermann Hospital. As a baby, I slept like a zombie and ate 24/7, not that any of that has changed :) When I was three, I began ballet lessons, and at the age of four, I started playing piano. I continued both these hobbies for the next thirteen years, all the way up until junior year in high school. Though I don't take lessons anymore, I still dance and play piano pretty often! I figure skated for a couple of years, but it really wasn't my thing. Sorry mom and dad!



My elementary school years were quite hectic. Let me make a sort of outline for you: 
Pre-K: Honor Roll Private School
Kindergarten-1st: Highlands Elementary School
2nd-3rd: Fang Cao Di International School (in Beijing, China)
4th-5th: Highlands Elementary School
As you can see, I was all over the place during my elementary school years. This was due to my parents' dissipating marriage during the time; my mom lived in China and my dad lived here in America, and they were constantly bickering about who I should stay with and where I should attend school. Going to school in China was a lot different than going to school here, and I initially hated it. But looking back I can now see how it taught me to always maintain and open mind to different ideas and cultures. On the other hand, I loved Highlands all my youth - the friends, the teachers, the playground, etc. I spent recess playing tag and swinging on the tire swing with my girl friends (because boys had cooties).

Middle school was just deplorable. Absolutely, 100%, deplorable. I'll just highlight some main events about band and leave everything else out. I went to Dulles Middle School along with most of my friends, and I joined band on the clarinet. The only reason why I joined it was because a lot of my other friends did, but I'm so glad that I did. After lots of practice in beginner band, I made Honor Band my 7th and 8th grade years and became vice president and president, respectively (I thought it was a big deal back then, but it wasn't). I made many great friends through band, many of which are some of my closest friends to this day. 8) 

I am currently a senior at Dulles High School (208 days until graduation!). Currently I'm taking Psychology (my favorite, of course), Calculus AB, English IV AP, Band, Biology II AP, and Organic Chemistry. Also, I'm involved in band as woodwind captain, and I'm in a few clubs such as NHS, Tri-M, and TASK. My goal school is the University of Texas \m/, and I plan to major in Biochemistry.

If all is "Gucci," the plan is to become a doctor in the future. The path will be gruesome, but as of now, I'm up for the challenge. I plan to get married in my mid to late 20s, and to have two kids - a boy and a girl. I kind of want to name my daughter Ramona after Ramona Flowers from the movie "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World." Judge me if you want :P 



I guess I'll retire once I can leech off of my children's successes. Just kidding. I really don't know when I'm going to retire, but afterwards I'll probably go live somewhere overseas, maybe Singapore or Dubai. I want to travel a lot too. Some places on the list include but are not limited to: UK, France, Indonesia, and Rome. :)

Uh, I'll probably die in my mid-90's unless one of you smart people invent something to delay death. If you do, please notify me. Thanks. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment